When a person needs a product or service that your business offers, you want to be found. Consumers are going to use a search engine like Google to find what they need. Your goal should be to have your business displayed on the first page of search results to increase your opportunity to reach your target audience. Statistics show that 75% of users don’t scroll past the first search engine results page (SERP).
If your business is not on that first page, your would-be customers might not find you.
Why Should You Be on Page One of Google?
A key component of search engine optimization is ensuring your website is listed on the first SERP. If you’re not there, you’re missing key opportunities, including:
- More traffic to your website
- Better brand recognition
- Customers that are more likely to buy from you
- Less need to spend more on marketing
- Better bottom line
How Do You Get to Page One?
You know the value, but how do you get listed on that first page? You can’t buy it outright. Instead, you need three things in place:
- Google My Business: Make sure your company is using this listing service. It ensures Google presents your company when someone is looking for a product or service you offer.
- Search Engine Optimization: SEO includes using keyword-rich content on your website pages. It also includes optimizing the functional components of the page, such as meta descriptions, to show the search engine your website’s value.
- Start a Blog: When you have new content that incorporates SEO into it and links back to your site, you’ll improve branding, increase sales, and grow engagement. Building a blog is one of the backbones of a strong marketing strategy itself.
These three components empower your business to be found in the search engines. The next time someone types in a product or service you offer, you want to be the company listed that can meet that need. Since most people head to Google to find solutions to their problems, you need to be there providing the answers.
Is Your Business Ready to Rank Higher on a Google Search?
Hitting the SERP level you deserve is not simple. Our team at The Light Digital will rank you higher than your competition on search engine results pages. We’ll work with you to increase your organic traffic, directly impacting your bottom line. Contact our team to learn more about search engine optimization today.