There are many strategies for growing your plumbing business online. At the top of the list? Video marketing.
Here’s a closer look at this increasingly popular marketing strategy, along with why it’s a vital part of any comprehensive marketing plan.
What Is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is exactly what it sounds like: using videos to promote your products and services. Video marketing can also boost engagement with your consumers, educate them about your brand, and help you reach new audiences.
We often think of video in terms of entertainment. However, video marketing involves much more than keeping consumers entertained. There are many types of marketing videos spanning the full buyer’s journey. Each has a unique purpose and numerous benefits.
Some common examples of video marketing include the following:
- Demo videos, which showcase your products and services in action
- Brand videos, which offer a birds-eye view of your company, including its mission, vision, and products and services
- Event videos, which showcase conferences, round-table gatherings, fundraisers, and other events through highlight reels, interviews, presentations, etc.
- Expert interviews, which share insights and thought leadership from industry experts
- Educational videos, also known as “how-to” videos, which teach audiences something new to better understand your products and services
- Explainer videos, which help your viewers understand why your audience needs your products or services to address a pain point
- Animated videos, which can be used to explain difficult or abstract products and services
- Customer testimonial and case study videos, which utilize your best advocates: satisfied customers who’ve used your products and services to solve a problem
- Live videos, which offer audiences a unique perspective on your business through behind-the-scenes live tours, events, interviews, presentations, and Q&As.
Why Is Video Marketing Important?
We’ve all heard the expression, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Well, when it comes to marketing your plumbing business, a video is worth a lot more than 1,000. In fact, according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, a video is worth a staggering 1.8 million words. In other words, it does the same work as other types of content marketing, but in a lot less time and with significantly less effort.
Which begs the question: Why is video so powerful? For starters, there’s the fact that it’s bite-size, digestible, memorable, and measurable.
And then there’s the fact that people love it. As of last year, there were more than 239 million video viewers in the U.S. During the pandemic, that number only grew.
And it’s not just people who love it. Search engines do, too. Because videos support the best user experience, search engines sometimes bump videos closer to the top.
Given its potential reach, it’s not surprising that 86 percent of businesses report using video as a marketing tool, according to data reported by HubSpot. Even more telling? That 93 percent of the marketers who use it say video is a vital part of their marketing approach.
Specifically, video marketing can help you do the following:
- Connect with your target audience (and keep their attention)
- Explain your products and services in a compelling way
- Build loyalty by establishing credibility and trust
- Expand your target audience
- Enhance your brand visibility
- Improve your SEO and website ranking
- Get more traffic to your plumbing website
- Boost conversion and sales
One of the most exciting things about video marketing is how measurable it is. Video marketing gives you access to clear data on who’s watching, what they’re watching, and if they convert. You can use this data to adjust and refine your marketing to make it even more effective.
How Plumbers Can Use Video Marketing
There are many ways for plumbers to use video to get in on its many benefits. Take video tutorials, for example. By creating tutorials providing useful fixes for common plumbing problems, you can produce truly useful videos that demonstrate your authority and build trust. Some examples include:
- Unclogging a toilet
- Repairing a leaky faucet
- Cleaning a clogged drain
Other video marketing ideas for plumbers include:
- Showcasing new products and fixtures
- Sharing trends, advancements, and technologies that your plumbing business is using
- Introducing your business and staff
- Product reviews
- Tips and advice
- Satisfied customer testimonials
- Truck/van tours
The Best Platforms for Video Marketing
In addition to including videos on your website, you can also incorporate video marketing into your social media marketing. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are among the recommended platforms for video marketing.
And then there’s TikTok. The all-time fastest growing social media platform, TikTok exclusively focuses on video content.
Each of these platforms has its own set of advantages. Which one you use will depend on factors including your target audience, message, content, and budget.
Video Marketing for Plumbers
Video marketing is widely hailed as the future of content marketing, and with good reason: It can give you a serious inside edge on the competition. Conversely, if you’re not using it, you’re missing out on a major opportunity to connect with your customers, build your brand, and grow your business.
But keeping up with fast-moving digital marketing trends and strategies can be overwhelming — especially if it’s outside your area of expertise. That’s where The Light Digital comes in.
Whether you’re looking for more information on video marketing or another topic — such as understanding the customers, how to know customer needs and wants, local SEO services, or how to increase your sales leads — our digital marketing know-how will free you up to focus on what you do best: providing expert and reliable plumbing services to your customers.
To learn how The Light Digital team can maximize your online presence through video marketing and other digital marketing strategies, contact us today.