Many business owners are still making massive cuts in their operations. However, before you consider downsizing your marketing budget, you should keep in mind that marketing is the only method of interacting with your potential and existing customers. Smart strategies for marketing may change your business’ course during this time.
Now more than ever, you have the power to brand your business. It is possible to continue to shine a light on your start-up, be available for your customers (both future and current), and position your business for success.
Smart Marketing Strategies for Small Businesses to Consider
● Create new videos and content. Publish content and videos in places that you have not tried before. For example, if you just have a website, consider Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn to increase your business’ organic reach. Be certain to have engaging content that is relative to today’s environment.
● Leave some writing to the pros. Content writers are experts in crafting content designed to increase your website’s visibility. Quality content is capable of targeting qualified customers for your industry.
● Use e-commerce that drives digital sales. Internet spending has seen staggering increases in recent years. Online shopping exponentially grew as the pandemic began to unfold and the trend is expected to be adopted as a new way of life for many. So, take advantage of this opportunity.
● Consider a new look for your site. A new layout and new graphics will provide your site a new look that is more welcoming and easier to navigate for possible customers.
● Concentrate on how to reinvent your brand until the pandemic has passed. For example, if you did not previously ship or deliver your product, consider doing it now.
● More importantly, keep a consistent presence online. Even if you’re in the midst of a pivot, do not make a mistake and vanish like so many other businesses. You really want to keep your business in the forefront of consumers’ minds. Divert the budget from other places that are not feasible now and instead, funnel it into marketing and brand awareness.
Are you interested in learning how The Light Digital can fill the role of your Marketing Director? We would love to have a meeting with you. Call our team at The Light Digital at (510) 680-3300 to schedule a consultation and discuss your goals for digital marketing in Marin County.